ASLA Construction has a Construction Sector Scorecard B-BBEE level 1.
Our active Employment Equity programme drives our company to become an equitable workplace that is free of all forms of discrimination, and offers equal opportunities to all our employees and prospective employees.
Our Corporate Social Investment programme is implemented and delivered through the ASLA Foundation. Our donations to the foundation are used to fund productive and sustainable initiatives to the communities within which we operation. We involve local councils in all of our programmes, to ensure that we contribute to achieving larger, regional objectives.
For more information on our relationship with the Foundation, please read this article.
Turn your intention into action by partnering with the ASLA Foundation today.
Historically our CSI spend has focused on vulnerable communities and addresses in particular:
- Early Childhood Development
- Education (in particular Maths and Science)
- Job creation enabled through skills training
- Care for the elderly, women and vulnerable
- Access to sport and its unifying potential
- Improving access to technology and the internet
Successfully concluded initiatives include
- Nursery school support in small towns
- Go for Gold Programme
- Contributions to various local and rural schools
- Boesmanland Bitter Bessies (Riel Dansers), Cape Town Carnival
- Aanhouwen work and care centre for mentally and physically handicapped adults
- Helderberg Development Trust
- Cape Agulhas Safehouse and its extension
- Carel du Toit Trust for the education of the Hearing Impaired
- De la Bat School for the Deaf
- Helderberg Hospice
- Institute for the Blind
- Girls and Boys Town
- Wellness Foundation – gender-based violence awareness campaign
- Witzenberg Abuse Crisis Centre
- National Nurses Day
- Primary School Athletics
- Support of various local sports clubs in Athletics, Rugby, and Soccer
- Gordons Bay, Strand and Somerset West annual regional Primary School Athletics Championship (30 years)
- Living Legends Tennis Academy
- IT support initiatives:
- Breede Sentrum Community Centre
- Oudtshoorn Rosevalley Library
- Cederberg IT support initiative
- SAICE Bridge Building Competition (annual)
- SAICE Aqualibrium Water Competition (annual)