Corporate Social Investment
ASLA has an active Corporate Social Investment programme in place. All of the ASLA CSI programmes are implemented and delivered through the Asla Foundation. ASLA Donated to the foundation and agreement is reached with the foundation for the productive and sustainable delivery of services into the communities in which ASLA is active.
In general, ASLA believes that projects should be conducted inside vulnerable communities and should address broad themes such as:
• Early Childhood Development
• Education (Particularly in Maths and Science)
• Job Creation through enabling skills training
• Care for the elderly, women and vulnerable in communities
• Providing access to sport and its unifying potential in communities
• Improving access to technology and the internet in vulnerable communities
ASLA involves the local councils in all of its programmes to ensure we contribute to achieving larger, regional objectives.
Projects that have been concluded in the past include:
- Early Childhood Development
- Education (Particularly in Maths and Science)
- Rural Community Cultural Initiatives
- Job Creation through enabling skills training
- Care for the elderly, women and vulnerable in communities
- Providing access to sport and it’s unifying potential in communities
- Improving access to technology and the internet in vulnerable communities
Support for nursery schools in small towns.
"Bridge building competition"
- Go for Gold Programme.
- Contribution to various local and rural schools.
Boesmanland bitter bessies (Riel Dansers).
- Cape Town Carnival.
- Aanhouwen work and care centre for mentally and physically handicapped adults.
- Helderberg Development Trust.
- Cape Agulhas Safehouse.
"National Nurses Day"
- Carel du Toit trust for the education of the Hearing Impaired.
- De la Bat School for the Deaf.
- Anene Booysen Center – Bredasdorp.
- Helderberg Hospice.
- Institute for the Blind.
- Girls and Boys Town.
- Wellness foundation – Gender-based Violence awareness campaign.
- Witzenberg Abuse Crisis Center.
“ASLA primary school Athletics”
- Support of various local sports clubs in Athletics, Rugby, and Soccer.
- Gordons Bay, Strand and Somerset West annual regional Primary School Athletics Championship (30 years).
- Living Legends Tennis Academy.
“IT support initiative”
- Breede Sentrum Community Centre.
- Oudtshoorn Rosevalley Library.
- Cederberg IT support initiative.